For number of industrial and commercial uses optimum grade of Casting Powder is used. It is known for forming fine lubricating film over the the surface of mould, which prevents secondary oxidization. It is used to enhance the quality of the metal surface. It is comprised of calcium oxide, silicon dioxide along with some iron content. Offered Casting Powder provides protection to liquid steel from atmospheric oxidation, which allows fast solidification of metal. At highly cost effective rates offered inorganic compound can be availed in air tight and moisture free HDPE packaging in different quantities as per the requirements of our clients.
We Are Manufacturer Of This Flux:
- Casting Powder Casting Powder forms a good lubricating film on the surface of mould not allowing solidifying metal adhesion to the mould.
- Casting Powder Casting Powder provides easy and fast solidification of metal by providing high rate heat removal from metal.
- Casting Powder Casting Powder gives very good performance at elevated temperatures with the aid of its well selected additives.
- Casting Powder Casting Powder increases the quality of metal surface.
- Casting Powder Casting Powder is cheaper than Rapeseed/Casting Oil.
- Casting PowderCaO% : 30 - 33
- Casting PowderSiO2 % : 33 -- 36
- Casting PowderAl2O3 % : 8 -- 10
- Casting PowderNa2O/K2O % : 6 -- 8
- Casting PowderF% : 4 -- 6
- Casting PowderC free% : 5 -- 7
How It Works
Casting Powder Casting Powder contains low melting constituents that instantly generate liquid slag, which penetrates into the gap between the mould and the solidifying shell of the billet. Casting Powder is added in small amounts and continuously over the casting duration. The melting of the Casting Powder occurs slowly in layers. Hence, the top surface of the liquid metal in the billet / slab / bloom always remains protected from the atmosphere.
- Casting Powder Casting Powder Lubrication
- Casting Powder Casting Powder Protection of liquid steel from atmospheric oxidation
- Casting Powder Casting Powder Promoting required heat transfer between the mould and solidifying shell
Uses : Traditionally Casting Powder is used for bloom and slab casting. Now, it is used for billet (open) casting also as an alternative to mould oil for some plants.
Physical Properties : 82% passing through 200 mesh